Well…its been a funny old month lol…hectic…lots of drama…a new baby…and more self care than i’ve had in years. Some things have been really successful, others…not. The one off things have worked well, but some of the things i’ve tried to add to my routine haven’t stuck. Heres a run down…
- Start the day with an affirmation: I did this for about 3 weeks, but now i’ve moved on to some mantra’s, which I read every morning. Enjoying that.
- Low Carb diet: Still doing well, i’ve lost a stone so far.
- Meditation: Epic fail lol. I’ve tried, I really have. But the Pugs…the slightest noise and they go off on one. Not sure how to get round that…will keep trying lol.
- Exercise on the treadmill everyday: Another epic fail, although, in my defence, my Psoriatic Arthritis has been really bad this last month, and some days I can barely get from my chair to the kitchen 🙁
- Fast from the news: This has been quite successful. I haven’t watched hardly anything this month…but I am feeling a bit left out when people say stuff and I don’t know what they’re talking about.
- Develop a morning routine: This has been a game changer! I’ve been flossing and nourishing my skin. I can see and feel an improvement.
- Magnesium: OMFG!!!! This stuff has been a life changer. I get much more sleep and feel so much better for it. You will have to prise the bottle out of my dead hand when I pop my clogs. This one is a keeper 😀
- Develop an evening routine: This has been partly successful…the skincare routine, the teeth brushing, reading before bed…but…I still seem to be online until about 10pm most nights. I really want to stop all online stuff at about 8pm. But if i’ve had a busy day, sometimes, thats impossible.
- Listen to classical music: An eye opener! I’ve subscribed to a couple of podcasts and at the moment i’m working my way through Vivaldi lol. I’ve even been reading a book about classical music. Completely oblivious to the technical stuff, but i’m sure that will come.
- Journalling: Do this every day…usually in the mornings, but evenings are good too. Really struggle on weekends when the husband is home…don’t get that quiet time that I need to gather my thoughts. Might just have to accept i’m a week day journaller 😂
- My Jar: I’ve decided that my jar will affectionately be known as the “happiness” jar lol. The idea is that every day I will put a note in about something that made me happy. Starting on the 1st of February. In a years time I will get them all out and have a read.
- Aromatherapy: I bought a book “Aromatherapy for Self Care” which is brilliant. Last night I read that “citrus blends” can be used as a pick me up…so today in my necklace I have orange 😊
- This blog: Well…i’ve blogged every day for a whole month! Go me! Its been hard fitting everything in some days and will only get harder once moving house gets fully underway. Soooo, i’ve decided that from now on, I will post about yesterdays self care. That way I wont be frantically trying to write this at 10pm every night lol. Can I sustain this for a whole year? I hope so 😉
Today, I am meeting a friend for a coffee…and i’m sure the Puggies know i’m about to go out lol. The girls are giving me that look lol
It’s ok…they will have their lovely dog sitter for company while i’m gone 😊